The selection criteria of the Mediterranean Women's Fund
To be considered as a candidate for a grant, your organization must meet all of the following criteria:
- be based in the Mediterranean region: we do not fund groups based outside this region;
- demonstrate a strong commitment to equal rights for women and men and to human rights principles; this commitment must be reflected in your actions and activities;
- be an association or a group; we do not accept requests from individuals;
- be led by women: the majority of the top management must be women.
We prioritize groups that:
- began their activity within the past five years;
- do not have access to funding from major donors;
- are in countries that receive little financial assistance;
- are tackling issues that are difficult for women in their communities to raise;
- but which are essential for women's rights.
Please note that the Mediterranean Women's Fund does not fund:
Government institutions or organizations
Groups which do not strongly emphasize women's rights
Women's divisions of mixed gender groups
Groups based outside the Mediterranean region
International organizations working with local partners
Groups which are solely for profit or charitable organizations
Groups led by men or without a majority of women among the top management
Political parties or election campaigns
Priority topics for the Mediterranean Women's Fund:
- Transmission to young women
- Capacity building of women's associations
- Strengthening networks at the Mediterranean regional level
- Combating violence against women
- Defending sexual and reproductive rights
- Advocacy and action for equal rights
- Awareness raising through art and culture
GRANT APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THE FEBRUARY 2024 COMMITTEE
You are welcome to submit your grant applications for the June 2024 committee (before May 15, 2024).
To be invited to apply, please fill out the form below.
Download the form (.pdf)
Download the form (.doc)
Download the form (.rtf)
Please note that this form is the first step of the process.
If the MWF is interested in your project, you will be invited to submit a more detailed application that will be presented to our Selection Committee.
If you do not hear back from us after one month, please contact us.